Radicle Grant Application

• Project Name: Drips CLI + SDK tutorial for node.js
  • Team Name: Sleepless DAO
  • Payment Address: 0x67678BA1e337C6E6F1D052b021B4d4dBa49eB2ad
  • Level: :seedling:-Seed

Project Overview :page_facing_up:

Overview

This grant application consists of two components:

1. Node.js module that enables opening a drip and “give” straight from the CLI. This module should extend the radicle cli.
  2. Drips SDK tutorial for node.js usage

Overall, this should increase the reach and usage of drips.network.

Team :busts_in_silhouette:

Team members

• Norman SaadĂ©
  • Luca Donno
  • Krisztian Barta
  • James de Wasseige

Contact

Legal Structure

• Registered Address: No registered legal entity.
  • Registered Legal Entity: No registered legal entity.

Team’s experience

We won the radicle sponsor prize at ethAmsterdam hackathon with our project.
Currently we are a team of four. Three developers and one Product Manager.

Team Code Repos

Team members:

Team LinkedIn Profiles

Project Description :page_facing_up:

We want to make it easy for open source projects to get funding. That’s why we want to make opening a drip just as easy as creating a git repo.

End goal: Fund radicle projects.

Deliverables :nut_and_bolt:

Our objective is to increase the usage of drips.network.

• Our first deliverable is an extension of the radicle cli: create a drip & give straight from the CLI.
  • Our second deliverable is a developer tutorial: how to use the drips sdk with node.js.

See the next steps section for our vision regarding further plans.

• Total Estimated Duration: 3 week
  • Full-time equivalent (FTE): 7 days
  • Total Costs: 4900 USDC

Milestone 1

“give” via SDK

• Estimated Duration: 3 days
  • FTE: 3 days
  • Costs: 2100 USC
Number Deliverable Specification
1. CLI setup Setup a CLI tool using Node.js
2. Wallet Connect via CLI Use a QR code inside the terminal to connect to the CLI
3. Trigger a give Use ethers.js and the SDK to send a tx to call the give function

Milestone 2

Open a drip via SDK

• Estimated Duration: 2 days
  • FTE: 2 days
  • Costs: 1400 USDC
1. Functional Drip Use the SDK to send a Drip using the CLI

Milestone 3

Drips SDK Tutorial for node.js

• Estimated Duration: 2 days
  • FTE: 2 days
  • Costs: 1400 USDC
1. Tutorial article Write an article about how we used the SDK to send drips using the CLI built with Node.js
2. Github readme Similar to GitHub - radicle-dev/drips-js-sdk: JavaScript SDK for the Radicle Drips protocol đź’§

Future Plans

• Make it possible to drip to a radicle project repo.
  • Integrate EPNS notifications into the flow, to facilitate developers’ funding journey even more. As we’ve already started this part in the course of our ethAmsterdam hackathon, this seems a relevant next step for us.
  • Part of our initial grant scope is to help developers with some tutorials to ensure their succesful onboarding. We intend to keep a close eye on this to make sure our initial CLI extension scope will be useful for developers. We could add some work streams regarding such adoption.

Enabling developers to get funding for their projects via the Drips Network through a series of developer tools integrations: CLI extensions (NPM packages), SDK tutorials, and potential for further integrations (such EPNS, for closing the loop)

Additional Information :heavy_plus_sign:

How did you hear about the Grants Program? ethAmsterdam hackathon

1 Like

@normad

Just a heads up that we’ve got all the votes to fund this. You can see Nonce 25 on our multi-sig below

It will take a few more days before the transaction clears as it’s sitting behind a larger grant. I will let you know once that Nonce 24 is settled + yours is settled. Thanks for the patience on this.

Keep in mind that the scheduling will be as follows:

• Milestone 1: if passed, 20% of funds will be dispersed immediately (420 USDC). Once completed/approved, the remaining 80% will be dispersed upon approval (1,680 USDC)
  • Milestone 2: will only start once Milestone 1 is fully completed. The voting funding process will follow a similar schedule as Milestone 1.
  • Milestone 3: will only start once Milestone 2 is fully completed. The voting funding process will follow a similar schedule as Milestone 1.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what comes of these Milestones! Great work @normad ! :seedling:

Hey! Here’s an update on our part: the first milestone is about the set up of the CLI tool and connecting to it using WalletConnect. 14 days ago I’ve found a bug in the WalletConnect documentation, I’ve created a Github issue on their repo, contacted them multiple times on their Discord and only yesterday I got a reply from them on Github. For context, WalletConnect was the main struggle during the Amsterdam hackathon so unfortunately this is not a surprise :sweat_smile:. The issue looks like a breaking change between their versions, since the documentation uses the v1 SDK but they’re switching to v2. So one of their devs sent me a guide they’ve just written about using v2, but it looks like also this one has issues (second Github issue I just opened). I’ve spent some time debugging their code and I’ve made some progress but still I didn’t manage to get it to work and I don’t want to spend 99% of my time solving their bugs, so I’ll wait again for their response and hopefully we can get through this step.

1 Like