Matrix room?

Is there a Matrix room to discuss Radicle?

not that I am aware of. we are on freenode on irc #radicle

if you create one, ping us here so we can join.

I created one. I requested a bridge as well so a moderator in your IRC room will need to accept that. I also need a nickname of an IRC moderator to create the bridge.

hey - thanks for creating!! we don’t have IRC ops in the #radicle channel, so we’re thinking of just shifting the whole thing over to Matrix (we’ve been thinking about it for some time).

we’ll set up officially this week and ping here when it’s ready.

3 Likes

Were you able to setup the room?

Working on it! @xla will hopefully have it going by next week

1 Like

Did @xla get around to setting it up?

@PopeRigby We are in the process of setting it up, so we will have an update beginning next week. :>

3 Likes

The Matrix room is #freenode_#radicle:matrix.org right?

1 Like

Hey @xuhcc - the official address for the matrix room is matrix.community.radworks.org. Have you tried that?

Is it possible to log into that Matrix instance using a matrix.org identity, or do we have to create a new account? I thought Matrix was supposed to support federation but I don’t know the details so maybe I’m missing something. Thanks!

Yes, you can log in with a matrix.org identity! You should be given the option to on the Element homepage. Lmk if you have problems

Doesn’t work for me. It says:

Sign in to your Matrix account on community.radworks.org

If I try using my matrix.org login, I get:

Incorrect username and/or password.
Please note you are logging into the community.radworks.org server, not matrix.org.

Alright, maybe it has to go through an invite link. Can you try this link?

2 Likes

Ahah, yeah that worked - thanks!

I see, the room name is #general:community.radworks.org. Thank you!

https://matrix.community.radworks.org/ is just a frontend, people can use any Matrix client to join the room.

2 Likes

Yeah, it has auto-join if you make an account on community.radworks.org, but seems that a direct invite to the room is easier for those coming from other servers.

Direct invite is better 4 sure

I’m also unable to connect to matrix.community.radworks.org using my own matrix.org homeserver account. Is that by design? :sweat_smile:

Actually the entire Matrix instance might be down? Matrix Federation Tester

1 Like