- Status: Open
- Proposer: @gsaslis
- Your Project(s): [optional]: GitHub - cytechmobile/radicle-jetbrains-plugin: Radicle plugin for Jetbrains IDEs
- Projects you think this work could be useful for [optional]: smoother onboarding onto Radicle, increased productivity with Radicle.
After moving out of alpha with our v0.2.0 release of the Radicle Jetbrains plugin a few weeks back, we want to continue working on v0.3.0 that will focus on the ground work for Patch Proposals.
The next main feature we want to integrate into the plugin is collaboration with Radicle’s Patch Proposals directly through the IDE. We envision this to be split into 0.3.0 and 0.4.0 releases. This application will cover the funding of 0.3.0.
Our first 2 releases have allowed us to already cover quite a lot of the road map for the Jetbrains IDE plugin. As a reminder, here’s what’s covered by the plugin already:
One-time or infrequent (less than once per week) use:
Create new radicle identity and manage key pairs (Planned for this iteration) Initialise and publish a git project on radicle (Planned for this iteration) Configuring seed nodes (Planned for this iteration) List projects available on the seed node (Planned for this iteration) Track and checkout projects (Planned for this iteration)
Pushing changes to other Radicle seed nodes and peers (Implemented in Iteration #1) Synchronising changes from other Radicle seed nodes and peers (Implemented in Iteration #1)
- Collaboration on Patches, Issues, Releases and other types of Collaborative Objects (cobs) - Preliminary work for this planned in this 0.3.0 release
Our initial plan for 0.3.0 was to focus entirely on Patch Proposals.
However, there are 2 important facts to take into account, when planning forward:
- Jetbrains has released a new version that we need to ensure compatibility with, and there is a massive update to the UI (that they - rather unimaginatively - termed “New UI” ).
- Work on Heartwood is still ongoing:
rad patchis being reworked, so we don’t have the command available in the CLI yet to build on.
With both of these in mind, we feel there is an excellent opportunity to take care of the latest UI and new version compatibility changes while Heartwood is being finalized (currently targeting a January release), at the same time also laying some groundwork on the UI for Patch Proposals to become more functional in 0.4.0 (that will also aim to address Heartwood compatibility) .
For the work on Patch Proposals, we will have to rely on either mocked data (agreed upon with the Clients team), or on data provided by the 0.6.1 version of
rad that the plugin is currently compatible with.
In a nutshell, this release will cover:
- Plugin Compatibility with Jetbrains IDE 2022.3 release
- Plugin Compatibility with the “New UI” of Jetbrains IDEs
- New Radicle Tool Window with Patch Proposal listings and Changed Files tab
- Some minor bugfixes
Please see Deliverables section below for more details.
This release will include a single milestone, as per the Deliverables below:
- Total Estimated Duration: 7 calendar weeks
- Full-time equivalent (FTE): 34 FTE days
- Total Costs: 24 480 USDC
With the upcoming Heartwood release and the work in this 0.3.0 release in place, our 0.4.0 release will focus on Heartwood compatibility primarily and will also build upon whatever Patch Proposal functionality is made available by the
rad CLI in the meantime.
- Yorgos Saslis
- Ioannis Christodoulou
- Stelios Mavrommatakis
- Contact Name: Yorgos Saslis
- Contact Email: I can share this privately on discord.
- Website: https://gsaslis.github.io/
- Registered Legal Entity: Cytech Ltd.
- Registered Address: Science & Technology Park of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
- [Yorgos] 15+ years of experience in various roles of the full Software Development Lifecycle: writing code, agreeing on specs with clients, architecting systems, establishing product priorities, designing testing and CI strategies, and co-creating department-wide processes - with an itch for driving “waste” out the door. Co-founder of developer communities (DevStaff, Heraklion Software Crafters, Web3 Greece) and co-organizer of open space unconferences (AgileCrete, JCrete) on the (paradise!) island of Crete!
- [Ioannis Christodoulou] is a Software Architect with 10 years of professional experience in Web and Mobile applications, such as Greek Passenger Locator Form (a web application that all travelers coming to Greece were required to fill-in) and Covid Free GR (the mobile application used throughout Greece to verify COVID-19 vaccination, recovery and test certificates). He is also the creator and maintainer of an IntelliJ plugin (GitExtender - github, marketplace ) for managing and updating multiple git repositories in the same IntelliJ project.
- [Stelios Mavrommatakis] is a young Full Stack Software Engineer focused on web applications development. He had participated in large software projects like the EU-DPLF (https://euplf.eu/) a paneuropean application for covid19 contact tracing for tavelers to the EU. He is a passionate software engineer and is currently working on a web3 project expanding his knowledge and experience in new and challenging sectors.
- gsaslis (Yorgos Saslis) · GitHub
- JChrist (Ioannis Christodoulou) · GitHub
- Stelios123 (steliosMavr) · GitHub
How did you hear about the Grants Program? Radicle Discord