- Happy New Year!!! We hope everyone had a nice holiday break and is off to a great start in 2024!
As there was no December Proposal Cycle, there were no new governance proposals from last month.
- RGP-20 - Grants Org Proposal 2024 - V2: This proposal aims to fund the Grants program through 2024. This proposal was resubmitted after not gaining enough support in the November cycle. There is currently a very lively discussion happening on the proposal, and we highly recommend taking a look and leaving feedback. It is planned to move into Formal Review and for the Snapshot poll to go live on Monday, January 15th.
- For January, we are focused on supporting bordumb in facilitating discussion around V2 of the 2024 Grants Org proposal and stewarding the proposal through the January governance cycle. Delaying this proposal another month would run the risk of losing some contributors/grantees, which obviously wants to be avoided.
- Shelby is working on compiling and analyzing feedback from the governance feedback survey she sent around to contributors in December. The aim is to have a clearer idea of how contributors view the governance process, resources and facilitation over the last year and how it could be improved for the future. If you have feedback you would like to share on anything relating to governance, please drop a note in the #governance channel on Discord or reach out to Shelby directly on Discord (@shelb_ee)!
- Abbey and Camille published **Radworks 2023: A Year in Review** right before the holidays outlining a few highlights of the progress made within the ecosystem and what’s on the horizon for 2024. A lot of the work done in 2023 has laid the groundwork for making progress on governance initiatives in 2024. We definitely recommend the read!
- Scopelift confirmed the contract Governor is ready for review by Radworks devs. This is being shared in preparation for the upgrade of the Radworks governance contracts from Compound Alpha to OpenZeppelin Governor (see original proposal). The current plan is to leave January open for review and propose the final executable proposal for the upgrade in the February cycle.
- We are working on finalizing the 2023 Governance Wrapped and plan to have it published by the end January! The post will summarize key governance proposals that were submitted in 2023, highlights improvements to the governance processes, overviews important governance work achieved in the past year, and outlines what we have in store for 2024.
- Looking ahead to February, Shelby will be attending ETHDenver! Please share any cool governance events you hear of and if you want to meet up shoot me a DM on Discord!
Stay rad(works)! - Shelby & Abbey