Next Steps for the Governance Committee

Hey Radworks Community :seedling:

If you attended the recent Community Call or reviewed the Q2 Foundation Org update, you may already be aware that both Abbey and I will be gradually stepping down from our roles as core contributors to Radworks governance in the coming months.

Over the past few years, we have been deeply committed to advancing the decentralization of the project and are immensely proud of the progress that we’ve made together. While we are sad to be closing this chapter, we believe this turning point presents a good opportunity to restructure governance operations within the organization to ensure it can continue to function properly and effectively.

How is “Governance” changing?

Key governance operations (communication of governance announcements & updates, facilitation of the governance cycles, maintenance of governance documentation & resources) will continue to be done by the Better Internet Foundation in 2024. Governance work will be scoped down and redirected to focus on specifically serving the operational needs of Radworks and its Orgs, including the optimization of current governance processes and the preparation for the 2025 Org Proposal cycle.

On our side, Abbey, who has dedicated five remarkable years to Radworks and has been a key part of its evolution from startup to Foundation to DAO, will continue to serve as a member of the Better Internet Foundation Council. As for myself, I have served as the Governance Facilitator for the Radworks community since September 2021, and I will conclude my active contributions by the end of August.

We are deeply grateful for the opportunity to grow with this community and to learn alongside each of you over the years. We are incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved together throughout the years. As we look to the future, we are excited to see where the project will go and remain inspired by the community, purpose, and technology we’ve all built together.

How to stay in touch

For any questions about governance going forward, feel free to drop a note on the forum.

You can keep up with Abbey and I on X (@abbey_titcomb & @shelby_steidl) or Discord. If you would like our personal emails, please shoot us a note at our current emails before August 31.

Thank you for all of your contributions, proposals, discussions and feedback over the years! The mission & community behind Radworks will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Shelby & Abbey

4 Likes

Thanks to both of you for your time and commitment. I appreciate the update and all of the work you have both done over the years.

I would be curious who would be the best contact from Better Internet and how I might engage with them moving forward?

Best of luck in where you go from here!

1 Like

Hi @Sov

Those of us at the Better Internet Foundation are on this forum regularly; so if your question or whatever you want to discuss is within in the Foundation’s domain, we are happy to discuss here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great thanks @ange appreciate the quick reply!

1 Like