The Growth Core Unit (GCU) is a newly setup team, which is currently made up of the following contributors Isiah, Lucas, Shannon, Matt, Prema, and Nassar. Our focused and current objectives can be found here. I wanted to drop a short monthly update from the growth team on progress and next steps.
- Team - This month we’ve been working to onboard Lucas and Shannon who will be focusing on building and executing a growth strategy as the product now reaches a point of being usable by developers to collaborate and coordinate a treasury as an online collective. Prema who has been an active core member has also started working closely with the growth team to help build out and communicate a narrative that helps the market understand Radicle’s vision.
- EGF (Ecosystem Growth Fund) - Getting this through on-chain governance took longer than expected. It has now received sufficient votes and the funds should be in the multisig by the end of the week. We’ve been iterating on the draft of the strategy for deployment with a few committee members already inputting into approach.
- Radicle code collab - We’ve decided to build a beta group of DAOs that will work closely with the product teams to help test and guide on development. We are now reaching a stage where the radicle stack can be used for collaboration enabled by patches via upstream. The initial list of partners and a proposal for them has been defined and this will now be picked up by Lucas as he gets up and running.
- Drips - We’ve continued our work in getting our heads around what the product and protocol are well suited to take on. Having had conversations with creators, creator platforms, and DAO tooling platforms it’s become clear that there is work to be done on both product and protocol. We’re working closely with the Drips teams to share this feedback and trying to understand how to prioritise usecases and upgrades.
- Partnerships - We’ve been exploring partnerships with potential funding and token swaps with a few community dev DAOs, product DevDAOs, and also larger DAO tooling partners. This is being done in parallel with exploring build out of a community of daos with simple tooling to enable such funding based collaborations.
- Drips - Isiah will be taking lead on driving this forward from next month as he works to feedback more of what he’s learning from discussions with creators and creator platforms into the product teams that are developing out the app and protocol side of things.
- Radicle - Lucas and Shannon will spend the month diving into developer community stack and starting to build funnels and a pipeline of partners. The aim being to bring early users who are keen to start understanding and using what we already have built. With the launch of the EGF we hope to onboard a number of DevRel contributors to help drive the education side of things.
- Narrative - Prema will be starting to explore the radicle narrative and vision by bringing together the technological and cultural dynamics of what we hope to enable as a better future for developers. This will be in the form of a series of written pieces.
- EGF - We will begin deployment of the Ecosystem Growth Fund with the aim to use it to tap into the potential of our community and ecosystem that is eager to contribute and help us grow.
- Partnerships - Continue exploration of partnerships with potential funding and token swaps with a few community DevDAOs, product DevDAOs, and also larger DAO tooling partners. This is being done in parallel with exploring build out of a community of DAOs with simple tooling to enable such funding based collaborations.
- Contributors - We will be putting more infra in place to enable and encourage more contributors to onboard and begin adding value and earning as active members of the radicle ecosystem.