- Project Name: ETHAnglia - 0 to web3
- Team Name: ETHAnglia
- Payment Address: ETHAnglia.eth
- [Level]: -Seed
If this application is in response to an RFP, please indicate this on the first line of this section.
If this is an application for retroactive funding (i.e. work that is completed and committed into a codebase), please drop any related PRs in this section.
0 to web3 will support those from disadvantage, or poorer backgrounds gain an opportunity to learn to code and contribute to web3.
Starting with our full stack web development course, students will progress to our web3 bootcamp, and with our support into a role within web3.
We feel, with support from Radicle, we can introduce Radicle to new entrants into development to the collaborative coding functionality that Radicle delivers.
Education is incredibly important to our founding team, we have been fortunate enough through community support to receive education that has driven us to seek out opportunities to support others. This project allows us to continually drive opportunity.
- James Adams (Project Lead)
- Timothy Smith
- Dom Davis
- Contact Name: James Adams
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://techeducators.co.uk / https://ethanglia.org
- Registered Address: Tech Educators Ltd., Kiln House, Pottergate, NR2 1DX, United Kingdom
- Registered Legal Entity: Tech Educators Ltd.
James has been supporting Tech Educators as part of the Akcela incubator since its inception. James takes an operational lead, working alongside partners to deliver the course syllabus, as well as commercial aspects of partnerships and the talent pool. James is a co-founder of ETHAnglia, who have a mission of developing the adoption, education and use of web3 in the East of England.
Dom brings decades of industry experience from a variety of areas. He has given training courses to companies and governments around the world, as well as putting together training syllabuses for multi-billion dollar organisations. Dom has been involved in startups and scale up tech companies and is an alumni of TechStars.
Tim brings years of development experience, and an understanding of the bootcamp process from both sides of the table. As lead instructor he forms the main point of contact for the students, and liaison with our partners to provide the best courses possible.
The team have previously applied for and received community funding from Ethereum Foundation, Polygon and Unlock Protocol
The cost of education is incredibly high when trying to take a structured course to gain traction in coding and web3. As we continue to build in web3, we require individuals from diverse backgrounds and those that may not have taken to traditional education routes. Working collboratively with employers in the web3 space, we feel once we create a talent pipeline into web3, we can leverage an additive community where employers don’t play recruiters a fee, but pay it forward to code academies to continue a perpetual education model.
Please list the deliverables of the project in as much detail as possible. Please also estimate the amount of work required and try to divide the project into meaningful milestones.
- Total Estimated Duration: 30 weeks
- Full-time equivalent (FTE): 80
- Total Costs: 50,000
The more you can organize your milestones into manageable chunks that are conducive to iteration, the better!
- Estimated Duration: 14 Weeks
- FTE: 5
- Costs: 5000
|1.||Cohort Creation||During this time the team will work to reach out to thise who require support to get into web3 coding. This will include a number of outreach programmes through local jobseekers, running 101 courses to define if candidates are capable and willing to delve deeper into coding (this stops people signing up, taking a potential space and not completing) and learning more about coding.|
- Estimated Duration: 11 Weeks
- FTE: 55
- Costs: 30000
|1.||Full Stack Bootcamp||During this milestone, students will learn 102: Intro to Software Development, 201: Foundations of Software Development and 301: Intermediate Software Development. By the end of this course, the students will be capable to move onto our web3 bootcamp.|
- Estimated Duration: 3 Weeks
- FTE: 15
- Costs: 10000
|1.||web3 Bootcamp||During this milestone, students will a range of implementations on blockchain technologies, from introduction to blockchain technologies, through to dApp creation and projects.|
- Estimated Duration: 8 Weeks
- FTE: 5
- Costs: 5000
|1.||Partner EcoSystem Providers||During this milestone, which will run concurrently with milestone two and three, our team will reach out and begin placements with web3 companies hiring, on the basis that their hiring “fee” is actually creating a new bootcamp space for another member of the community joining. Paying it forward for other companies in the space, and creating a sustainable solution for talent creation moving forward where the educators create the talent and companies pay it forward to future talent creation.|
Please include the following:
- Our team are fully committed to this project, we have agreed the syllabus required to deliver this from two global leaders in bootcamp delivery and sought out and integrated a tutor to deliver the project. We are supported and supporters of our local developer communities, with support from other projects like Ethereum in delivering the web2 to web3 bootcamp.
- The team’s long-term plan has always been to create a sustainable talent pipeline that allows more individuals to understand and create a future career in web3. Whilst the web2 to web3 concept gets us talent today. Working on a sustainable pipeline that puts talent and employers together, builds long term relationships and opportunities. We feel that this is an excellent way to develop, hire and promote web3 and web3 developers.
How did you hear about the Grants Program? Twitter
The team have a long history of experience in education and community building in web3.
We have received and are working closely with the Ethereum Foundation, Polygon and Unlock on community building for the wider ecosystem, now we are looking to implement the sustainable talent development model.