[DISCUSSION] Should unsold RAD be distributed amongst LBP contributors?

I agree and would like to vote for it :slight_smile: Let me know if you want someone to review your proposal! @kit

4 Likes

I agree with this opinion and would like to vote for it too.

3 Likes

one year locked is too long. I beilieve 3months or half year will be much better.

2 Likes

Fully agree with this preliminary, the people involved in lbp provided expensive support for rad

2 Likes

I believe that the allocation should be in proportion to the funds contributed to the LPB, since each of the participants was exactly the specific amount that supported the project, which is proportional to its contribution

Such a distribution will not allow the price to fall much, since strong hands who have invested in LPB will not sell these tokens much, and moreover for such large players there will be no sufficient liquidity

Distribute to everyone proportionally, that is, equally not fair, this will drop the price of the project, and many participants who will receive such distribution as those who support the project in the long run will simply leave it

3 Likes

Keep in mind that there have been whales/bots buying 500k+ in the first minutes. Technically these would be rewarded too. If this move to the next stage, I recommend using a quadratic distribution.

1 Like

I Strongly support to distribute all of the remaining ~49% of tokens to the people who contributed to the LBP in proportion to their contribution.

Early supporters of Radicle were able to become part of the community by buying the Rad token for $1.5 USD. LBP supporters paid between $10 and $30. LBP contributors support the project just as much as the early backers who were allowed to join in for just $1.5 and should be rewarded for it with a share of the unsold tokens.

2 Likes

I think This proposal for Holder only , Anyone who has been sold will not receive this opportunity. What do you think?

2 Likes

Good Idea!! I support your opinion.

i don’t think this is a good idea.

Because it’s unfair to the early supporters or investors, for just simply downprice rad token.

Maybe burn the left token is a better choice, I think.

No I don’t think so. Early supporters and investors got RADs at very cheap price while LBP participants paid $30-10. If you are either an early supporter or investor, please consider this proposal will work for you and the project because this proposal will give more votes to new members and so they get involved more tightly, meaning the project becomes more decentralized and leads us to truly DAO.

3 Likes

Yeah, it would be nice.

2 Likes

This discussion is a great thing but I believe if there was a proposal we would see if people are for or against this idea.

1 Like

我强烈支持将所有剩余的约49%的代币按捐款比例分配给向LBP捐款的人。

Radicle的早期支持者以1.5美元的价格购买了Rad代币,从而成为社区的一部分。LBP的支持者支付了10美元至30美元。LBP贡献者对该项目的支持与早期支持者一样,他们只被允许以1.5美元的价格加入该项目,并应获得一份未售出代币的奖励。

1 Like

This makes sense - redistribution or burning. However what is going on here and what happens next? Is this just a large thread or does something actionable come out of this?

At the end of the day this is crypto and part of what makes a successful project, whether we want to admit it or not is price appreciation fuelled by speculation. The speculators help fuel adoption and get more eyes on the project it’s part of the process.

I am a developer and a lot of my open source work is on Github - it’s where the community is and there is no way in hell Radicle is going to be as important if it does not go out of its way for early buyers and holders.

It has turned out well for all the big money investors who bought at $1.5. But what about everyone else who supported early but at a 10x valuation on entry? At the end of the day this project is only as important as its early adopters - your average dev gives two shits about decentralization at this point in time and the only way to get them involved is showing a project that is successful and is one where you little early holders have something to gain rather than buying the bags of already rich investors.

4 Likes

This discussion has moved on to next step here

1 Like

fully agree with you

hi :grinning: :smiley: :smiley: :grin: :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Great idea. Support. Vote for it.

Maybe airdrop to active rad projects every now and again? We want to promote use rather than liquidity.

1 Like